Sunday, April 1, 2007

Random Pictures


Scenes from the streets of Hongdae, an area of Seoul. These little snack stalls are everywhere and are usually no more than a converted truck bed or inside of a van. I haven't been brave enough to try anything yet, except for the red bean fish from the van parked outside the apartment complex on the way to school.
Through the wonders of Facebook, I was able to get back in touch with Amy, someone I met when I spent a semester studying in China my junior year of college. It turns out that she was also teaching in Korea and was going to be up in Seoul this weekend. It was great to get together with a friend who I haven't seen in over 3 years and feel like we last saw each other last week. Here we are with two of Amy's friends, Jungbin and Sunghu in Hongdae.


When we want to go eat after work, our choices are limited since we get off so late (10 pm). Recently, we have been going to this chicken restaurant called HooLaLa a lot since it is one of the only places open. Mandie & I don't care too much for a big plate of chicken, so we split an order of these french fri like things which we dip in honey mustard sauce. I took these pictures just because I think the name is funny and this advertisement makes me laugh.

The view from the window of my new classroom. When some teachers left, I got to move out of the "new teacher room" which was so small, so crowded, and so hot with no outside windows to a room with much more space and a whole wall of windows. It's great to finally get to see the sun set and have fresh air. In the first picture, if you look in the background, you can see the outline of a mountain which is my favorite part of my new room.


1 comment:

shann said...

hi!

i recently stumbled on to your blog in search of some insight into the life of a korean teacher....

i just accepted a contract with yes youngdo the yeongtong campus to start in september...

i am so excited but a touch nervous as well...

your blog has put my mind as ease as you look like you are having the experience of a lifetime...

maybe i will see you in august!
shannon