Sunday, July 1, 2007

Rain

The street outside my apartment at 1:30 in the morning. I don't mind the rain at night, in fact I like the sound of it. Its the daytime rain that I hate.
The rainy season in Korea has begun and won't end for about a month. I had been warned about the rain by some of the other teachers who have experienced it before. My initial thoughs were "Rain for a whole month? That's kinda neat. Something different and maybe kinda cool, at least something to tell people at home about. It's only a month. I'll survive." But then the first day (and by day, I mean whole entire day) of rain came and my thoughts completely changed. I now have new respect for Noah. I understand how he must have felt a little better now. You know the rain's coming, but you think it can't be that bad until it comes and then you quickly realize that this sucks. Here's to trying to keep dry for the next month.

No comments: