Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Here's a video from the New Year's Eve celebration held in downtown Seoul. Despite my protests against having to be outside in the freezing cold weather, I went there with some friends. I was glad I did too. It was an incredible feeling to be standing in the gigantic mass of people with Roman candles being shot up into the sky everywhere around you. The air had this strange mix of smoke and sweetness to it that added to the romanticism of the night. Being surrounded by people did help keep me warm and I tried my best to scream out the countdown to 2008 in Korean like everyone else around me. It was the most exciting New Year's Eve I think I've ever had in my life. Usually, I just sit at home eating pizza and watching movies so it was fun to do something special to celebrate my year over here in Korea. The other cool thing about the celebration was that Super Junior perfomed. True, I couldn't see them and I could barely hear them, but I feel much more cooler to be able to stroll into class tomorrow and brag to my students that I saw Super Junior perform live. Here's the video of their performance if you want to watch it as well.


No comments: